- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Atlantic NationTalk
The Sharing the Land, Sharing a Future National Forum
Second Floor, University Centre
65 Chancellors Circle
University of Manitoba – Fort Garry Campus
Winnipeg, MB R3D 2N2
The Sharing the Land, Sharing a Future National Forum is intended to engage a wide range of participants. Our goal will be to explore and extend the knowledge available from the Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples and our experience of the intervening 20 years to advance good relations and develop a shared responsibility for the future. Through a series of keynotes and interactive sessions, all participants will contribute to developing a set of recommended priorities for all sectors of Canadian society to move forward. The National Forum also marks the renewal of the rich RCAP database of research and testimony that will contribute to public education and to evidence-based deliberations about how best to move forward.
The Forum will address the following themes:
- How might we think of a nation to nation relationship and what are the priority actions associated with moving to achieve this?
- What are the key policy priorities for closing the gap between First Nations, Metis and Inuit Peoples and others within Canada?
- Youth are our future. What are their visions? What is enabling them and preventing them from achieving those visions for a better future?
- How do we foster widespread citizen engagement to build understanding, forge a new relationship and close the gap?
- What are the foundations of powerful and healthy First Nations, Metis and Inuit communities and how do we all build on the positive examples of sustenance and change?
- How do we move to action through engagement, research and good policy change?
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: