Company: Wonder Shows Ltd.
Business information: Wonder Shows is a travelling carnival that provides the power, the lights and the sounds of a great outdoor family experience. We have amusement rides, games and concessions for all ages. Now in our 54th year, Wonder Shows has continuously maintained a clean, family owned and operated midway, traveling to major festivals throughout Manitoba. Safety at Wonder Shows plays a vital role when it comes to keeping customers and employees safe while enjoying the thrills of the midway.
Business Address: Box 17 GRP 540 RR5, Winnipeg, MB, R2C 2Z2
Work Location: Various locations throughout Manitoba.
Type of Employment: Full Time– Seasonal / Contract from end of April to mid-September
Estimated Start Date: April 24th, 2019
- Assist in the set-up and tear down of rides, game tents, concession stands
- Operate rides and amusements
- Operate game booth
- Perform routine maintenance and safety inspections of attraction equipment
- Clean and maintain recreational facilities and grounds
- Collect tickets and admit patrons to travelling carnival and rides
- Assist patrons on and off rides
- Secure and release safety belts and bars
- Oversee game activities and ensure safety of participants
- Participate in the upkeep of the overall appearance of the shows, rides, concessions and games
- May drive trucks, vans and other vehicles to transport amusement rides, games and other attractions to amusement attraction sites.
-Education: Not required
-Experience: Experience is an asset
– Any type of valid driver license is an asset. Class 1 with airbrake driver license is a very strong asset.
-On-the-job training is provided.
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 hourly, 40 Hours per week. Overtime may be required.
Benefits: First shirt, first hat and transportation provided
Housing: Bunk houses are provided at no cost unless they are damaged
Work location and other information:
-Workers are required to travel to different cities and towns throughout Manitoba. Workers needed for next season starting as early as April 24th, 2019
– Flexibility on schedule is required. Work schedule will vary. We work weekends and possible overtime (extended hours). Work from 8 to 12 hours per day. Work on Monday, Wednesday, Friday (day and evening), Saturday (day and evening), and Sunday. 2 Days off per week (Tuesday and Thursday).
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: Box 17 GRP 540 RR5, Winnipeg, MB, R2C 2Z2
Apply by phone to: 204-791-9821