Classification: Administrative Officer 1
Full-Time Regular Position
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: UCN requires an Assessment Officer to provide assessment testing services, as well as assisting students/applicants with understanding the PLAR process for the Thompson Campus of the University College of the North and in communities as required. The Assessment Officer is part of a team of professionals that provide a broad range of support services to students.
- Bachelor degree in a related field, a combination of related experience will be considered
- Experience working with adult learners
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective thinking skills
- Effective time-management skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to understand and to deal with issues specific to Aboriginal learners and mature students in northern communities
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal cultures
- Related training in adult education
- Knowledge and experience of learning technologies
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must demonstrate in their cover letter and their résumé how they meet the qualifications
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter, résumé and three letters of reference with their application.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 18-075
Closing Date: July 20, 2018
Salary Range: $27.41 to $32.31 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources P.O. Box 3000 The Pas MB R9A 1M7 Fax: (204) 623-4414 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.