- North of 60 NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Assistant Professor – Tenure Track Level
Faculty of Arts, Business and Science
Full-Time Regular Position
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Indigenous learners and mature students.
The Position: The Faculty of Arts, Business, and Science at University College of the North (UCN) invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor at tenure track level. The successful candidate would be expected to provide service to UCN and the wider community and have a commitment to scholarship.
- PhD in English Literature
- Experience teaching adult students and working in an environment that uses video conferencing to other locations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Effective interpersonal service skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated self-management skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to work independently as well as to lead within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand cultural influences and issues specific to adult learners in northern communities
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of Indigenous cultures
- The ability to speak an Indigenous language
- Primary specialization in Modernism (Modernists teach Canadian, British and American Literature)
- Secondary specialization in Native American Literature
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Closing Date:||August 5, 2019|
|Salary Range:||$27.21 to $37.15 hourly, plus remoteness allowance|
|Apply to:||University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources|
|P.O. Box 3000|
|The Pas MB R9A 1M7|
|Fax: (204) 623-4414|
|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)|
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba). Human Resources will work with applicants who require accommodation during the application or the interview process.
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: