Automotive technician instructor
Full-Time Term Position: September 18, 2017 to July 13, 2018
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: UCN requires an individual to teach the Automotive Technician Program in Winnipeg, MB. In addition to teaching duties, the instructor will be responsible for classroom management; student supervision and advising; maintenance of student records and grades; maintenance of program equipment and material; curriculum review/development and other program-related tasks.
- Automotive Service Technician Red Seal Certification
- A minimum of three years of directly related experience after attainment of formal qualifications
- Managing for results and change
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand cultural influences and issues specific to adult learners
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language or other language
- Instructional experience at the post-secondary level
- Strong Computer Skills
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Instructors are required to complete a Certificate in Adult Education (CAE) within 5 years
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé and references with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-059
Closing Date: August 24, 2017
Salary Range: $31.40 to $46.64 per hour
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.