Business Administration Instructor
Full Time Term Position: August 21, 2017 to June 20, 2019
St. Theresa Point, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: University College of the North requires an individual on-site in St. Theresa Point to teach in the Business Admin Diploma program over a period of two years.
- A Degree in Business/Commerce or related discipline
- Relevant post-secondary teaching experience
- Knowledge in all aspects of Business
- Experience applying culturally relevant educational practices
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong self-management skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand and deal with issues specific to Aboriginal learners and mature students in northern Manitoba
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Familiarity working in Northern and Aboriginal communities
- Knowledge and experience with learning technologies (e.g. D2L, Adobe Connect, Video Conferencing, etc.)
- Master’s Degree in Business and/or Accounting designation (CPA,CMA, CGA, CA)
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible delivery schedule – day, evening, and directed learning courses
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-038
Closing Date: June 23, 2017
Salary Range: $31.40 to $46.64
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: email@example.com (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.