Our Capacity Development team is growing and we have a Capacity Development Manager opportunity!
The First Nations Financial Management Board (the “FMB”) has a unique opportunity for an experienced education professional to make a positive impact in growing our organization. This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic team in a great working environment and make a difference!
We are looking to fill this position in our Winnipeg office.
• Develop relationships with assigned clients that have secured their FAL and FP certification
• Support First Nation FAL and FP certified clients to achieve FMB certification. “Support” in this context means facilitating, enabling, motivating, educating, and may take the form of:
o facilitating the completion of a financial management system readiness assessment;
o assisting with the identification of priorities and the preparation of a work plan;
o providing guidance and interpretation in relation to the First Nations Fiscal Management Act, FMB standards, and any resource materials provided;
o delivery of capacity development resources, including on-site or regional educational and awareness workshops; and
o follow-up progress monitoring and providing encouragement.
• Assist First Nations in promoting the change management principles required to achieve FMS certification;
• Ensure the development of capacity building resources, such as internal control tools and templates, webinars, tutorials, workshops and a roster of third party contacts and resources, all which will assist clients in achieving FMS certification;
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify and assist with the implementation of leading practice capacity development delivery methods;
• Assist clients in managing third party contracts and funding agreements relating to capacity development;
• Ensure relevant research is conducted on internal control capacity development and change management methodologies, tools, processes and resources;
• Manage and develop relationships with third party contractors, external researchers and academic institutions including AFOA Canada to conduct the development and facilitation of delivery mechanisms for FMB training courses with educational institutions, Aboriginal organizations and other stakeholders;
• Oversee the development and delivery of presentations to FAL compliance and FP certified clients interested in becoming FMS clients; and
• Where appropriate, deliver presentations and coordinate FMB presence at national and regional conference.
• Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA, CIA) preferred; • Post- secondary (undergraduate) degree required;
• Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience planning and conducting internal or external audits of internal control over financial reporting or similar;
• Knowledge and understanding of First Nations and Indigenous governments and organizations;
• Knowledge of First Nations-related intervention policies, procedures and practices;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and relationship skills;
• Ability to think strategically and creatively and to work effectively in a fast paced environment;
• Proven experience in being hard working, diligent, mature, business-focused, detailed without losing sight of the larger picture and operationally engaged;
• Willing to travel occasionally across Canada and to remote locations; • Willing and able to work outside of regular business hours; and Benefits:
Work with a great team of professionals and enjoy the following perks and benefits:
• Life insurance
• Group pension
• Short and long term disability insurance
• Extended medical and dental insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Competitive annual vacation allowance
• Opportunities for career growth This is an opportunity to join a skilled, client-focused team in a positive and fast-paced environment. It is also a unique opportunity to bring your experience to make a difference to First Nations communities across Canada.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and detailed cover letter outlining your fit for and interest in the rote, in confidence, at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: CD Manager Application. As an employer, the FMB is committed to diversity and an inclusive workplace. We will recruit the best-qualified candidates based on skills, experience, qualification and competencies required for the position. If two or more candidates are deemed to be equal in terms of requirements, then preference will be given to the candidate of Indigenous ancestry. As a result, First Nations and Indigenous applicants can choose to self-identify.
Application deadline: The position will be posted until filled.
About the FMB
The FMB is Canada’s only legislated body that develops and publishes Financial Performance and Financial Management System Standards for First Nations. The FMB is a First Nations organization that provides a suite of financial management tools and services to First Nations governments seeking to strengthen their governance and accountability regime and develop necessary capacity to meet their expanding fiscal and financial management requirements.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: