- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Carpentry Level 1 Instructor
Carpentry Level 1 Instructor
Full-Time Term Position: September 5, 2017 to December 15, 2017
St. Theresa Point, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: UCN requires a Red Seal Carpenter to teach the Carpentry Level 1 Program in St. Theresa Point, Manitoba. This program requires an individual who is aware of Carpentry Level 1 content and practical component. This is a term position requiring living in the community for the duration of the program. In addition to teaching duties, the instructor will be responsible for classroom management, student supervision and advising, maintenance of student records and grades, maintenance of applicable inventory, curriculum review/development and other administrative tasks. Workload may include some evening assignments.
- Program Delivery Dates are September 18, 2017 and ending on December 8, 2017
- Instructor will be provided with a 2-week preparation period from September 5, 2017 to September 15, 2017
- Instructor will be provided with a 1-week wrap-up period from December 11, 2017 to December 15, 2017
- Red Seal Journeyperson Certificate
- Must have several years of significant experience in the trade after attainment of the Interpersonal Red Seal Certificate
- Experience in applying culturally relevant educational practices Experience in delivery of adult education
- Ability to integrate essential skills upgrading into Carpentry training Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills Effective interpersonal skills
- Teamwork and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and to deal with issues specific to Aboriginal learners and mature students in northern communities
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Experience in delivery of Carpentry Apprenticeship technical training
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-041
Closing Date: August 1, 2017, or until the position is filled
Salary Range: $31.40 to $46.64 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: