CARPENTRY LEVEL 1 INSTRUCTOR(S)
Full-Time Term Position: A.S.A.P. to May 23, 2017
St. Theresa Point, Manitoba
Instructor 1: February 20, 2017 to April 25, 2017
Instructor 2: April 17, 2017 to May 23, 2017
(May consider hiring one Instructor)
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: UCN requires 1 or 2 Red Seal Carpenters to teach the Carpentry Level 1 Program in St. Theresa Point, Manitoba. This program requires an individual who is aware of Carpentry Level 1 content and practical component. This is a term position requiring living in the community for the duration of the program. In addition to teaching duties, the instructor will be responsible for classroom management, student supervision and advising, maintenance of student records and grades, maintenance of applicable inventory, curriculum review/development and other administrative tasks. Workload may include some evening assignments.
- Red Seal Journeyperson Certificate
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience in the trade after attainment of the Interprovincial Red Seal Certificate
- Experience in applying culturally relevant educational practices Experience in delivery of adult education
- Ability to integrate essential skills upgrading into Carpentry training Effective communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong self-management and organizational skills Teamwork and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and to deal with issues specific to Aboriginal learners and mature students in northern communities
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application.
- Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
||February 15, 2017
||$30.78 to $45.73 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
||University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.