Pharmacy Operations is responsible for ensuring the efficient operations of the Express Scripts Canada pharmacies. This department is responsible for establishing and maintaining corporate standards of quality, productivity and performance in accordance legislative and regulatory requirements. Further, this department is responsible for overseeing the production levels and service standards associated with pharmacy operations.
Express Scripts Pharmacy seeks to hire Casual Staff Pharmacists who will be responsible for dispensing and compounding medications within corporate and regulatory guidelines, and maintain daily production, quality and service levels. The candidate will be required to vary work priorities and activities to accommodate business needs, provide oversight and quality assurance to pharmacy technicians, interpret physicians’ or prescribers’ prescriptions, verify and confirm validity of controlled substances, verify prescription information entered in the Kroll Pharmacy software system by data entry or order entry, train and mentor other less-experienced or new pharmacists, and provide back up for other pharmacists, as needed.
• Verify prescriptions to be dispensed contain the correct medications and are correctly labeled, according to corporate and regulatory guidelines
• Provide oversight and quality assurance to pharmacy technicians
• Provide patient counseling on new prescriptions and handle patient clinical queries
• Train and mentor other less experienced or new pharmacists and/or technicians
• Additional duties as assigned by leadership
• Bachelor of Science-Pharmacy or PharmD
• Experience in a retail pharmacy/mail order pharmacy setting preferred
• Knowledge of pharmacy laws and regulations
• Strong focus on customer service, quality and accuracy
• Ability to read and interpret prescriptions
• Ability to evaluate current state and analyze possible solutions in business workflow
• Ability to train and coach less-experienced staff to desired team results
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment
• Ability to learn quickly, solve problems and make decisions
• Able to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Experience with Kroll Pharmacy software system is an asset
• Knowledge of Pharmacy Benefits Management Industry/Managed care industry is an asset
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule for peak volume times
• Valid Manitoba pharmacist licensure required
• Valid Manitoba pharmacist licensure required 3 months from hire date, payable by Express Scripts upon satisfactory employment
• Must be able to work scheduled shifts or on call as necessary
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS CANADA
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. Thank you for your interest in this position, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.