- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
Computer Services Technician
COMPUTER SERVICES TECHNICIAN
Classification: Computer Programmer 2A
Full-Time Regular Position
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: University College of the North (UCN) requires a Computer Services Technician at the Thompson Campus. This position reports to the Director of Regional Centre’s CBS. The incumbent will be responsible to ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support networks across multiple locations. The Computer Services Technician will provide support to faculty, staff and students in the day to day operations of the Community Based Services Division of the University College of the North computer and related equipment.
- A degree or diploma in an accredited computer technology program, may consider a combination of education and experience
- A minimum of five years as a IT Computer Services Technician or equivalent
- A broad knowledge in IP based network concepts, server configuration and computers in general
- Extensive technical knowledge in Microsoft Windows Service, Active Directory and server virtualization Extensive experience in network administrator, network design (LAN & WAN)
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently within a team environment Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience working with northern and aboriginal communities, organizations and industry Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture
The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Must be able to travel extensively
- Applicants must demonstrate in their cover letter and their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
- Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter, résumé and three letters of reference with their application.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-026
Closing Date: May 25, 2017
Salary Range: $31.70 to $42.14 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: email@example.com (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: