- North of 60 NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Indigenous learners and mature students.
The Position: University college of the North is seeking an Instructor to teach courses in the Skilled Trades, Apprenticeship and Technology Department. The courses include Blue-Print Reading, Drafting, Sketching, AutoCAD, and other drawing-related courses within Electrical Trades, Carpentry, Industrial Welding, Heavy Duty Mechanics, and Industrial Mechanics programs at The Pas Campus. In addition to teaching duties, the Instructor will be responsible for classroom management, student supervision and advising, maintenance of student records and grades, curriculum review/ development and other administrative tasks.
- Combination of education and experience (equivalent to an undergraduate degree) in Engineering, Architecture, Industrial Design, or a related academic field that makes extensive use of blueprints, CAD, etc.
- Experience in blue-print reading and drafting
- Experience in use of CAD software
- Excellent skills in computer programs including MS Office
- Prior experience in teaching adult learners (formally and informally)
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrated self-management skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to work independently as well as to lead within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand cultural influences and issues specific to adult learners in northern communities
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of Indigenous and northern cultures
- The ability to speak an Indigenous language
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge and experience in the use of AutoCAD, Microsoft Visio, Mastercam (CNC Programming software) and ProgeCAD
- Extensive experience in instructing adult learners in northern or remote communities
- Certificate in Adult Education completed
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Closing Date:||July 12, 2019|
|Salary Range:||$31.40 to $46.64, plus remoteness allowance|
|Apply to:||University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources|
|P.O. Box 3000|
|The Pas MB R9A 1M7|
|Fax: (204) 623-4414|
|Email: email@example.com (preferred format)|
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba). Human Resources will work with applicants who require accommodation during the application or the interview process. For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: