EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
Full-Time Term Position: A.S.A.P. to June 22, 2018
The Pas, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: UCN in The Pas will require an Early Childhood Education Instructor who represents the northern Manitoba population and has understanding of the unique needs of Child Care across the north. The candidate must have ECE level III certification. The position requires instruction of students in the community and will also require the coordination of practical placements in licensed day care facilities and monitoring during the practical portion of the training which will require travel time.
- ECE Diploma with Level III designation
- Three years of experience working in child care
- Effective communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent problem solving and leadership skills
- Familiarity with the needs of northern Child Care centres
- Experience working in northern and/or Aboriginal communities
- Demonstrated ability to understand and to deal with issues specific to Aboriginal learners and mature Students in northern communities
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Post-secondary or Adult Education Experience (one year teaching or mentoring (supervising student placements)
- Experience supervising or managing a Manitoba licensed day care
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Criminal Records Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
||September 6, 2016
||$30.78 to $45.73 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
||University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.