- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
Educational Assistant Instructor
Educational Assistant Instructor
Part-Time Term Position: August 7, 2017 to July 20, 2018
Will be delivered one week per month during the day and some Saturdays Maximum of 625 hours
Nelson House, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: University College of the North requires an instructor to teach courses in the Educational Assistant Certificate program. The program will be delivered one week per month during the day and some Saturdays. In addition to teaching duties, the instructor will be responsible for classroom management, student supervision and advising, maintenance of student records and grades, curriculum review/development and other administrative tasks. Preference will be given to a local instructor.
- A Bachelor of Education Degree
- Experience working with IEPs and supervising EAs
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated self-management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent problem solving and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and to deal with issues specific to Aboriginal learners and mature students in northern communities
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule if required
- Manitoba Special Education Certificate is preferred
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Previous instructional experience
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must obtain CAE within 5 years of employment
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, and references with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-034
Closing Date: June 9, 2017
Salary Range: $31.40 to $46.64 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: email@example.com (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: