- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Quebec NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
Enrolment Services Advisor
Enrolment Services Advisor
Classification: Clerk 3
Full-Time Regular Position
The Pas, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Indigenous learners and mature students.
The Position: UCN requires an Enrolment Services Advisor at The Pas Campus. The individual will work with UCN’s student records databases and will also work directly with students. In carrying out these duties, the incumbent shall exercise confidentiality with all information and abide by the related policies and procedures of UCN and all post-secondary partners.
- Completed relevant post-secondary Certificate or Diploma (eg. Office Administration, Administrative Assistant, etc.)
- Experience in office administration
- Other combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- Experience and demonstrated skill with MS Office Applications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills
- Effective customer service skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Ability to interpret and exercise judgment in stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to multitask and to meet deadlines in a busy office environment
- Dependability is essential
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of Indigenous cultures
- The ability to speak an Indigenous language
- Experience with Jenzabar or on a student enrolment system
- Knowledge of post-secondary educational institutions and structures
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must provide a cover letter and resume with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their resume how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 19-036
Closing Date: June 3, 2019
Salary Range: $22.51 to $25.67 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: email@example.com (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
Human Resources will work with applicants who require accommodation during the application or the interview process.
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: