- North of 60 NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Enrolment Services Advisor
Enrolment Services Advisor
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Indigenous learners and mature students.
The Position: Reporting to the Associate Registrar, the candidate shall provide quality admission, registration and related services to internal and external students and clients. The ESA will interact with peers and other colleagues at all levels and in all divisions within UCN, as well as with external agencies including other post-secondary institutions and Indigenous organizations in carrying out Enrolment Services functions. The position requires the candidate be familiar with UCN’s certificate, diploma and degree programs. The successful candidate will embrace the challenge of working in a fast paced, dynamic and demanding environment, and the position will include a wide range of duties including accurate admissions assessment, processing course registrations and related forms and multiple administrative functions including processing requests for Letters of Permission, official transcripts, Confirmation of Enrolment, Academic Audits, etc.
- Completed relevant post-secondary Certificate or Diploma (eg. Office or Business Administration, etc.)
- Minimum two years related office support and administrative experience in a post-secondary institution
- Other combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- Understanding of UCN programs, services, departments and locations
- Effective customer service experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills
- Experience and demonstrated skill with MS Office applications
- Effective problem solving and analytical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to interpret and exercise judgment in stressful situations
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a busy, interruptive office environment
- Demonstrated initiative
- Dependability is essential
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of Indigenous cultures
- The ability to speak an Indigenous language
- Experience with Jenzabar or other Student Information Systems
- Knowledge of post-secondary educational institutions and structures
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of references with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their cover letter and their resume how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Closing Date:||July 12, 2019|
|Salary Range:||$22.51 to $25.67 hourly, plus remoteness allowance|
|Apply to:||University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources|
|P.O. Box 3000|
|The Pas MB R9A 1M7|
|Fax: (204) 623-4414|
|Email: email@example.com (preferred format)|
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba). Human Resources will work with applicants who require accommodation during the application or the interview process. For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: