- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Manitoba NationTalk
Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
Established in 1983, the Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba provides a continuum of culturally appropriate child and family services to 11 First Nation Communities in Northern Manitoba, as well as Winnipeg and Thompson.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will lead the development and delivery of child and family services that promote healthy communities, healthy First Nations children and healthy families.
- Personnel Administration
- Develops and implements a staffing plan including recruitment and selection processes and ongoing professional development that ensures services are consistently delivered by qualified staff;
- Establish and maintain current personnel policies such that employee relations are effectively managed and that staff morale and employee engagement fully supports the agencies mission and mandate.
- Fiscal Administration
- Develops, implements and monitors the financial affairs of the agency; guides management to effectively monitor their program and staffing budgets and report on a regular basis;
- Prepares an annual draft budget for board approval; keeps the board up to date by providing ongoing timely reports and discussions of issues arising.
- Program Administration and Development
- Establishes and maintains statistical data on program goals and objectives; reports data to the Board and provides thorough documentation when recommending changes to programs and service delivery;
- Regularly meets with management and staff on program administration; identifies and deals with issues as they arise; recommends policy and program changes as appropriate.
- Service Delivery
- Provide guidance, direction and ongoing monitoring of service delivery; ensures service is culturally appropriate and that consistency client needs are being met;
- Consults and liaises with member; provides information and education to communities to ensure understanding and the appropriate utilization of the service.
- Public Relations and Liaison
- Participates in regional and local committee meetings; responds to public enquiries, deals with concerns raised and replies to media requests as per policy;
- Establishes and maintains effective key relationships with federal and provincial representatives.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Masters of Social Work Degree and/or equivalent degree and work experience
- Senior level experience in programs/projects/ agency and supervision of personnel
- Knowledge and experience in First Nations culture
- Experience in child and family services and programs
- Knowledge of self-government goals and objectives for social service
- Ability to speak Cree or Dene will be considered an asset
- Valid MB driver’s license and current criminal record and child abuse registry checks required
If you would like more information about the Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba, please visit http://bit.ly/Awasis-ED. For more information about the position, please contact Paul Croteau, Managing Partner, Legacy Bowes Group at (204) 934-8821.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization as Executive Director please submit your resume in confidence to Donna@legacybowes.com quoting position #173171.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: