FIELD PLACEMENT COORDINATOR/INSTRUCTOR
KENANOW FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Classification: University Instructor
Full-Time Regular Position
The Pas, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Indigenous learners and mature students.
The Position: This position will be responsible to assist in setting up practicum placements, conducting seminars and coordinating evaluation with cooperating teachers in the schools in The Pas and outlying communities. The successful candidate will work with school divisions, First Nations education authorities and other organizations to establish appropriate field placement opportunities for pre-service teachers.
- Bachelor of Education with a permanent Manitoba Teaching Certificate (or equivalent from another jurisdiction)
- Minimum of five years’ teaching experience in the public school classroom
- Experience working with pre-service student teachers or first year teachers in a team setting
- Experience with various evaluating or assessing tools
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and to deal with issues specific to Indigenous learners and mature students in northern communities
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Indigenous culture
- The ability to speak an Indigenous language
- A Master’s Degree in Education
- Experience as an administrator in the school system
- Experience teaching in a post-secondary education program
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Ability to travel across the province to remote and rural communities as needed
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 20-010
Closing Date: January 17, 2020
Salary Range: $31.40 to $46.64 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
Human Resources will work with applicants who require accommodation during the application or the interview process.
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca