- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
Full-Time Regular Position
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: The UCN Adult Learning Centre requires a full-time Instructor. We are looking for a talented teaching professional who is passionate about helping all students reach their full potential. Teachers at the UCN Adult Learning Centre are responsible to teach Manitoba high school curriculum and courses intended to prepare students for high school or post-secondary studies. Particular emphasis is placed on supporting student and meeting needs. This position will involve teaching Manitoba high school English as well as other Manitoba high school and upgrading courses, as required.
- A Bachelor of Education Degree
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Permit (or the ability to obtain prior to start date) Recent experience teaching high school English classes
- Sound understanding and ability to implement high school curriculum adaptable to adult learners
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning principles and application in an adult learning environment Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the cultural influences and specific needs of adult learners in northern Manitoba
- Experience using provincial curriculum frameworks
- Demonstrated understanding of ALFICan principles and their practical application in an adult learning environment
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills Strong organizational and self-management skills
- Good computer skills
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Experience working with Aboriginal and northern learners
- Experience working with adult learners or in an adult learning centre Experience using Reading Apprenticeship in the classroom
- Certificate in Adult Education
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada Must be willing to work days and evenings
- Candidates must provide a Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check prepared in the last three months
- Instructors are required to complete a Certificate in Adult Education (CAE)
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application. Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-027
Closing Date: May 31, 2017
Salary Range: $31.40 to $46.64 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: email@example.com (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: