- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
Casual Position: A.S.A.P. to June 22, 2018
The Pas, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: UCN is seeking an instructor to teach Welding into the various Trades programs on a casual basis. The individual is responsible for the instruction in theoretical and practical aspects of the Industrial Welding Apprenticeship and Pre-Employment courses. In addition to teaching duties, the instructor will be responsible for classroom management, student supervision and advising, maintenance of student records and grades, curriculum review/development and other administrative tasks.
- CWB ticket(s), Red Seal preferred
- Several years directly related experience Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills Proficient computer skills
- Crucial to this position is a demonstrated ability to understand cultural influences and issues specific to adult learners in northern communities
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture are essential
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Current industry standard safety certificates
- Certificate in Adult Education
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of transcripts with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-029
Closing Date: May 29, 2017
Salary Range: $31.40 to $46.64 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: