- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Atlantic NationTalk
Classification: Library Technician 3
Full-Time Term Position: March 1, 2017 to August 31, 2017
The Pas, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: Under the direction of a Librarian, the candidate will be responsible for cataloguing, and maintaining the library catalog at UCN libraries. Major duties will include technical services, downloading of records, copy cataloging, and support of the circulation desk. Other clerical tasks and library projects will be assigned as needed.
- Completion of Library Technician Diploma (Less qualified applicants may be considered on an under fill basis)
- Experience in Library Technical Services
- Experience performing clerical tasks
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Experience and effective use of technology
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent computer skills demonstrating accurate data entry
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Relevant leadership skills
- Effective time management skills (setting priorities and critical thinking)
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Knowledge of Evergreen software
- Task orientated
- MLS degree
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-004
Closing Date: January 27, 2017; however, will remain open until filled
Salary Range: $26.00 to $26.96 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: