- North of 60 NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Office Assistant Instructor
Office Assistant Instructor
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Indigenous learners and mature students.
The Position: UCN requires an Office Assistant Instructor to teach into the Office Assistant Certificate program in Grand Rapids, Manitoba. In addition to teaching duties, the instructor will be responsible for classroom management, student supervision and advising, maintenance of student records and grades, maintenance of applicable inventory, curriculum review/development and other administrative tasks.
- Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration/Office Assistant, or Business Administration Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years of office experience or a combination of education and experience as it relates to the position
- Previous instructional experience
- Experience with filing and records management
- Experience with accounting
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work independently and proceed with goals of the program
- Demonstrated creative/culturally relevant instructional practices with adult and Indigenous learners
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of Indigenous cultures
- The ability to speak an Indigenous language
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business Administration/Office Administration
- Certificate/Degree in Adult Education
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of references with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their cover letter and their resume how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Closing Date:||July 26, 2019; however, will remain open until filled|
|Salary Range:||$31.40 to $46.64 hourly, plus remoteness allowance|
|Apply to:||University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources|
|P.O. Box 3000|
|The Pas MB R9A 1M7|
|Fax: (204) 623-4414|
|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)|
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba). Human Resources will work with applicants who require accommodation during the application or the interview process. For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: