Proposal Writing Instructor
Part Time Term Position: August 21, 2017 to March 2, 2018
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: University College of the North requires a local instructor or several local instructors to teach courses in Proposal Writing in Thompson MB. The program will be delivered one to two weeks per month (during the day and some Saturdays) for seven months.
One Instructor to teach all courses would follow:
- Preparation 72.5 hours: August 7-18, 2017
- Classroom start: August 21, 2017 to February 23, 2018 for a total of 13 weeks (36.25 hours’ week)
- Wrap up 1 week (36.25 hours) February 26, 2018 to March 2, 2018 Total of 580 hours
Course by course instructor would follow:
- Total preparation and wrap: 195 hours to begin August 7, 2017; wrap-up to be completed by March 2/18 Classroom start: August 21, 2017 to February 23, 2018 for 390 hours
- Total of 585 hours
- Courses are as follows:
- Essentials of Business Communications – August 2017 (2 weeks) MS Word – September 2017 (1 week)
- Business Correspondence/Document Formatting – October 2017 (2 weeks)
- MS Excel – November 2017 (2 weeks)
- Proposal Writing and Research – December 2017 (2 weeks) MS PowerPoint and Publisher – January 2018 (2 weeks)
- Toastmasters Public Speaking – February 2018 (2 weeks)
- A BA, BSc or BA is preferred Strong computer skills
- Previous instructional experience with adults Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong self-management skills Strong organizations skills
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and deal with issues specific to Aboriginal learners and mature students in northern Manitoba
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Familiarity working in Northern and Aboriginal communities
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible delivery schedule, if required
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application. Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-053
Closing Date: August 8, 2017, will remain open until position is filled
Salary Range: $31.40 to $46.64 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.