- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Quebec NationTalk
Full-Time Regular Position
June 2018 (or earlier)
Thompson or The Pas, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: The Registrar reports to the Vice-President Academic and Research and performs executive management functions for the Registrar’s Department. The Registrar is responsible for a broad range of student and institutional services associated with enrollment management and student life. The Registrar is accountable for the design, development, implementation and management of effective systems, processes and services that support recruitment, enrolment management, admissions, registration, student records, graduation and student/client assistance for all post-secondary programming, and the implementation policies, practices, guidelines and procedures related to registrarial functions, academic advising, student support, and timetabling. The Registrar maintains relationships with Deans, Education Authorities in communities, as well as with registrars in other post-secondary institutions in Manitoba and beyond. The full Executive Brief related to the Registrar position can be viewed in the careers section
A combination of effective relationship-building and operational management skills is essential;
- The successful candidate will possess an undergraduate degree in the area of education, management or public administration; a combination of education and leadership and administrative experience will be considered.;
- A minimum of five years’ administrative experience in a post-secondary educational environment is required;
- Experience with admissions, student records, financial awards, academic advising, student support, and assessment;
- A minimum of five years’ experience managing staff, working with other senior academic leaders, and budget management is essential;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain relationships with internal/external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability in guiding staff to provide excellent service to students and members of the public; Demonstrated ability to effectively and accurately interpret policies and procedures;
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, relationship–building, organizational, leadership, problem solving and decision-making skills are required;
- Ability to use current technology effectively, including a strong knowledge of student information system databases;
- A demonstrated ability to understand diversity, cultural influences and issues specific to adult learners in northern communities; and,
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal cultures
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language; and,
- Experience in strategic enrolment management practices.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, and references with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Closing Date:||November 10, 2017 however will remain open until the position is filled|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with education and experience|
|Apply to:||University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: email@example.com (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: