Representative Workforce Coordinator
Classification: Administrative Officer 1
This competition is designated for Aboriginal people.
Full-Time Term Position: A.S.A.P. to April 21, 2020
The Pas, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve.
The Position: UCN is seeking a Representative Workforce (RWF) Coordinator. RWF Coordinator will work to effectively promote diversity and the RWF Policy.
Working with the RWF Committee, the The Coordinator will support the UCN
vision and mission throughout UCN. The selected candidate will work with all departments across UCN and with the RWF Committee to educate stakeholders about the importance of diversity, including factors such as human rights. The RWF Coordinator will research and analyze best practices in terms of building and maintaining a representative workforce, and will provide related statistical information. The Coordinator will develop and provide information and educational sessions to raise awareness about diversity and representative workforce to various groups. Some travel will be required.
- Completed courses related to Human Rights/Diversity, Human Resources, Business Administration or a related discipline
- Appropriate combinations of education, training and experience will be considered
- Demonstrated knowledge of Representative Workforce, Diversity, Employment Equity and Human Rights legislation
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent and culturally relevant interpersonal skills
- Experience with development and delivery of training and information sessions
- Experience with statistics and related analysis
- Experience working with various computer programs (MS Office and various databases)
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Experience working with Committees
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, and references with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
||March 3, 2017
||$26.87 to $31.68 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
||University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.