- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Research Assistant Intern
Research Assistant Internship
Food Matters Manitoba is seeking a Research Assistant for an internship from April 2018 to August 2018. The Research Assistant will work to support our work towards evidence-based food policy and programs in Manitoba. This internship is offered as part of Food Matters Manitoba’s Good Food Internship Program.
Internships pay $18 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay) for 20 hours per week.
- Assist with building and maintaining an organization-wide research database
- Catalogue existing FMM research products and tools
- Identify, compile, and review statistics related to food security in Manitoba
- Identify, compile, and review most recent food security, food insecurity, and food sovereignty literature
- Work with program managers and staff to identify evidence in support of Food Matters Manitoba programs and services
- Support evaluation coordinator with collection and analysis of program assessment data
- Conduct other tasks as assigned
- Highly detailed and strong research acumen
- Above average analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Excellent written and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented
Service Canada requires all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) as of April 17, 2018
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee status has been conferred
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Not receiving Employment Insurance benefits
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Those interested in applying for this position are invited to forward their resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com (Subject Line: Research Assistant) by 11:59PM on April 20, 2018. Interviews will be held the week of April 22, 2018.
Please visit www.foodmattersmanitoba.ca to learn about other Good Food Internship opportunities.
Food Matters Manitoba strives to be a safe and accessible workplace that celebrates diversity and represents the community that we live and work in. We encourage individuals from traditionally socially excluded groups to apply for the position.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: