Casual Positions: A.S.A.P. to June 22, 2018
The Pas and Thompson, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: University College of the North (UCN) is currently developing a roster of qualified trade instructors for anticipated short-duration vacancies within our trades training facilities in Thompson and The Pas, Manitoba. As our training programs and courses cover a wide variety of trades areas, we are seeking individuals with qualifications within Automotive, Electrical, Heavy Duty Mechanics, Industrial Mechanics, Plumbing, Commercial Cooking, and Carpentry.
- Red Seal journeyperson status with significant knowledge and experience in their respective trade area
- Effective communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Knowledge and experience with Aboriginal cultures and traditions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and to deal with issues specific to Aboriginal learners and mature students in northern communities
- Experience working with Aboriginal individuals and organizations
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Instructional experience at the post-secondary level
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter, resume and references with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-060
Closing Date: August 28, 2017
Salary Range: $31.40 to $46.64 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: email@example.com (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.