- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Media Advisory: We Tell Stories Others Don’t and Won’t
October 2, 2017, Winnipeg, Manitoba – The APTN National News team — winner of the Canadian Association of Journalists’ Charles Bury Award for its contribution to Canadian journalism — returns for a new season starting today.
Reporters dive deep into the stories that are impacting the lives of our people every day including the protection of our water, safe housing, access to healthcare, overcoming hunger and the rebuilding of our families after the destructive influences of residential schools. As well there will be ongoing coverage of the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls.
- APTN Investigates – Canada’s only Aboriginal investigative news program digs deep, seeks the truth and continues to change lives. Read more for show times.
- APTN Face to Face – APTN National News Dennis Ward meets the most fascinating people in our communities, asking them to open up share their stories, inspire us and change the way we understand Canada. Read more for show times.
- APTN InFocus – Juanita Towtongie joins the APTN team to host the show known for speaking about topics and opinions you won’t hear anywhere else. It’s a live one-hour conversation you’re welcome to join from home each week. Read more for show times.
- APTN Nation to Nation – Follow stories of resistance and reconciliation as our peoples re-claim their place in Canada. Co-hosted by Todd Lamirande and Jorge Barrera. Read more for show times.
APTN National News – Reporters continue to bring you the stories others don’t and won’t. Watch for in-depth series and special coverage on topics that matter. This season Juanita Towtongie joins host Dennis Ward on the national news desk.
Airs weekdays at 6:00 p.m. on APTN E and APTN HD (ET), APTN W (MT) and APTN N (CT).
Weekend edition on Sundays at 6:30 p.m. on APTN E and APTN HD (ET), APTN W (MT) and APTN N (CT).
Miss a story or show? Watch aptnnews.ca or our YouTube channel — APTN News. Listen to iTunes podcasts of APTN Face to Face, APTN InFocus and APTN Nation to Nation.
– 30 –
APTN National News, launched in 2000, is the first Aboriginal television journalism team in Canada and the world. Today, providing award-winning news coverage of Aboriginal Peoples for all Canadians. APTN National News was honoured with the CAJ Charles Bury Award in 2017 for its contributions to Canadian journalism. APTN National News has reporters in all regions of the country and tells stories that have been ignored, under-reported or misunderstood by mainstream news media; these are the stories others don’t and won’t tell.
For further information about APTN, APTN National News or image requests, contact:
Manager of Communications, APTN
(204) 947-9331, ext. 339
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.