Metis taking Manitoba government to court in hydro spat after talks break down – APTN News

Metis taking Manitoba government to court in hydro spat after talks break down – APTN News

by ahnationtalk on May 16, 201829 Views

May 16, 2018

The Manitoba Metis Federation says it is taking the province to court in a dispute over planned hydro projects.

Metis federation president David Chartrand Tuesday with Crown Services Minister Cliff Cullen and Manitoba Hydro to discuss a deal between the federation and the Crown utility.

In March, Premier Brian Pallister quashed a $67-million deal that had been negotiated between the federation and Manitoba Hydro to help support a transmission line to Minnesota. The premier called it “persuasion money.”

The federation said at the time it would file for a judicial review to overturn the decision because, it argued, the agreement was legally binding.

Read More: http://aptnnews.ca/2018/05/16/metis-taking-manitoba-government-to-court-in-hydro-spat-after-talks-break-down/

Send To Friend Email Print Story

Comments are closed.

NationTalk Partners & Sponsors Learn More