Missing, murdered indigenous women and girls inquiry holds hearings in Moncton – CP

    You can use your smart phone to browse stories in the comfort of your hand. Simply browse this site on your smart phone.

    Using an RSS Reader you can access most recent stories and other feeds posted on this network.

    SNetwork Recent Stories

Missing, murdered indigenous women and girls inquiry holds hearings in Moncton – CP

by ahnationtalk on February 13, 201856 Views

Source: The Canadian Press
Feb 13, 2018 

MONCTON, N.B. _ The National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls begins two days of hearings in Moncton, N.B., today.

Commissioner Michele Audette says about 20 family members and survivors are expected to address the hearings.

The federal government set up the inquiry in December 2015 to address the high number of missing and murdered indigenous women and girls.

The commissioners began the inquiry in September 2016 and were hoping to issue a final report by the end of 2018, but the commission is widely expected to ask for a deadline extension.

Last month, the federally-funded commission _ plagued by many staffing changes through its tenure _ lost another executive director.

The commission said Debbie Reid ‘s departure was a personnel matter and appointed director of operations Calvin Wong as the interim executive director.

INDEX: NATIONAL JUSTICE ATLANTIC

Send To Friend Email Print Story

Comments are closed.

NationTalk Partners & Sponsors Learn More