Application Engineering Intern
Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. (‘Lakeside’) is recognized as a market leader, providing complete automation solutions to a wide range of industries. Our capabilities in process management and industrial automation enable us to solve our customers’ process automation challenges, keeping their operations running safer.
Our solutions range from devices that measure and relay diverse physical and chemical conditions, devices that control flow of materials, networks that transmit event-related information, to process control systems that collect information and trigger necessary actions to ensure continued operations.
Lakeside’s success is due to its exceptional people. Our skills and passion for our work is the key to our strong business results. Our commitment to a culture of integrity, teamwork and collaboration is what drives our continued and sustainable growth.
We seek individuals who are engaged, capable and committed to continuous improvement.
If this sounds like you, apply today and discover your potential with Lakeside!
What you will be doing in the role of Application Engineering Intern:
During your 12-month term, your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing written quotations and proposals in response to customer inquiries
- Ensuring proper execution of an order from quotation to final shipment by leveraging Business Tools
- Following-up with customers in a timely manner
- Making recommendations to customers as to which products to use on specific applications
- Providing technical support to customers including selection of equipment based on process conditions
- Performing necessary performance calculations and analysis, troubleshooting process or product-related issues
- Up-selling products to customers to maximize sales
Knowledge and skills required for the role:
- In progress of completing College or University Undergraduate Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, or Biomedical Engineering
- Foundational knowledge of engineering concepts
- Experience in customer service or a team-based environment would be considered an asset
- Previous internship experience in a technical role would be considered an asset
- Strong sense of drive, initiative, and the ability to manage simultaneous tasks and responsibilities; Able to work well under pressure/in deadline-driven environments
- Strong communication skills (both oral & written)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
What we give YOU!
- Competitive compensation
- A structured training and development program
- A hybrid remote work program
- Exposure to various process industries including power, pulp and paper, chemical, mining, refining, and more!
- Opportunity to participate in Lakeside’s Wellness Program – a recipient of Benefit Canada’s Best In-Class Wellness Programming for organizations under 1000 employees
Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. We believe strongly in celebrating the different perspectives and experiences that come along with having a diverse network of employees, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including: persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, women, and members of visible minorities.
If you require accommodations to complete an application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.