Business Administration Instructor
Full-Time Term Position: August 19, 2019 to June 26, 2020
The Pas, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Indigenous learners and mature students.
The Position: University College of the North requires a college instructor to teach in the Business Administration Diploma program at The Pas Campus. Reporting to the Dean, instructors are responsible for the development and delivery of culturally relevant curriculum, practicum coordination and assessment where applicable and for evaluation of student performance relating to their teaching assignments. Instructors also assist with assigned activities including University College promotion, student recruitment, and various program administrative functions. In addition to teaching duties, the instructor will be responsible for related duties including classroom management, student supervision, maintenance of student records and grades, curriculum refinement and other administrative tasks.
- Bachelor Degree with a major/concentration in Business
- Knowledge in all aspects of Business Administration, Accounting and Community Economic Development
- Relevant post-secondary teaching experience
- Experience applying culturally relevant educational practices
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong self-management skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand and deal with issues specific to Indigenous learners and mature students in northern Manitoba
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of Indigenous cultures
- The ability to speak an Indigenous language
- Familiarity working in Northern and Indigenous communities
- Curriculum development experience
- Knowledge and experience with learning technologies (e.g. UCN Learn, Adobe Connect, Video Conferencing, etc.)
- Possession of Certificate in Adult Education (CAE)
- Master’s Degree in Business/related discipline is preferred
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible delivery schedule – day, evening, and directed learning courses
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 19-035
Closing Date: May 31, 2019
Salary Range: $31.40 to $46.64 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: [email protected] (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
Human Resources will work with applicants who require accommodation during the application or the interview process.
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca