First Nations / Métis / Inuit – Commercial Banking Analyst
104 Ontario Road
Job Family Group:
Commercial Sales & Service
We invite all experienced and aspiring First Nations / Métis / Inuit professionals to apply to roles featured on BMO’s Indigenous Careers landing page, as well as all of those on BMO’s Careers page.
Qualified First Nations / Métis / Inuit applicants applying through these postings will be considered for open job vacancies, where they exist, or added to our Indigenous Talent Network and matched to other upcoming opportunities.
This is part of BMO’s ongoing commitment to Indigenous applicants. Our recruitment team will reach out to those selected for further consideration.
Facilitates decisioning and analysis of all types of credit information to support lending decisions and processes for the bank. Maintains and promotes a client service environment to satisfy and exceed customer needs and expectations. This role will make credit decisions and recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policies & Procedures.
- Provides accurate financial analysis and risk assessment of new and existing customers.
- Partners with internal stakeholders for accurate, detailed client information.
- Develops credit information to make lending decisions on new, renewal and extension loans.
- Assists in negotiations of terms and conditions of all decisions made via phone and e-mail interaction with clients.
- Prepares summary, present facts and offer opinions concerning credit worthiness.
- Minimizes BMO’s risk exposure by adhering to internal credit policies and procedures with respect to lending decisions.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps; escalates as required.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 1 – 2 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills – Good.
- Organization skills – Good.
- Collaboration & team skills – Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – Good.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.