CULINARY ARTS INSTRUCTOR
Full-Time Term Position
March 6, 2017 to January 19, 2018
Cross Lake, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: UCN requires an individual to teach the Culinary Arts Program in Cross Lake, MB. In addition to teaching duties, the instructor will be responsible for classroom management, student supervision and advising, maintenance of student records and grades, curriculum review/development and other administrative tasks.
- Red Seal Journeyperson Certificate is required with a minimum of three years’ experience after attainment of Red Seal
- Effective communication skills
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills Effective problem solving skills and analytical skills Current industry standard safety certificates
- Ability to utilize different methods and mediums for developing course material
- Must demonstrate strong cooking skills and passion for culinary arts and the restaurant business Previous sales experience and excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and to deal with issues specific to Aboriginal learners and mature students in northern communities
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture.
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language Culinary Arts graduate
- Strong computer skills
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Instructors are required to complete a Certificate in Adult Education (CAE)
- Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, and references with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
||February 20, 2017
||$30.78 to $45.73 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
||University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: [email protected] (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.