Title: D365 Solution Architect
Location: Canada – Virtual
Employment status: Permanent Full time
Salary band: $90,076 – $112,595 /year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a D365 Solution Architect to join our team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Collaborating directly to the Senior Director, Delivery Centre of Excellence (CoE), the incumbent will act as a functional and technical expert of Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) Customer Engagement (CE) and will lead the design of the D365-based solutions at the CRC. Using a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise, they will effectively integrate technology into the business in order to achieve the desired business outcomes.
Interfacing with and collaborating closely with the Enterprise Architect, Transformation Office (TO), internal clients, the IS team and other stakeholders, the Solution Architect will provide the D365 functional, technical and solution architecture expertise needed to develop multi-technology solutions aligned with the industry-accepted and internal best practices. They will also oversee the development and implementation of the application integration architecture.
In this role, you will:
- Define and document the overall application architecture and design decisions during a project to meet client requirements, ensuring solutions align with business goals and processes, and fit within the enterprise context.
- Facilitate discussions with business and technical stakeholders to extract critical business requirements and present a technical vision and solutions in the form of software products, modules, configurations, customizations, and integrations to meet those needs within Dynamics 365 CE and Power Platform.
- Lead the technical side of the internal ‘pre-sales’ activities as required including designing and building demo and proof of concept solutions for various client presentations as well as presenting to clients.
- Support the Business Systems Analysts with requirements gathering and provide design guidance for Dynamics 365 CE and Power Platform projects. Lead workshops with clients, document requirements where needed and design appropriate solutions.
- In close collaboration with and input from the Development and QA teams, develop and present the realistic effort and resource estimates for the projects.
- Collaborate with the Transformation Office and external vendors to propose, design and implement solution architectures involving third-party SaaS solutions.
- Oversee and provide direction to the Integration Specialist in development and implementation of the application integration architecture.
- Conduct recruitment, manage and oversee performance of Integration Specialist(s).
What we are looking for:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent education/experience and 8+ years of experience in IT.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience of building solutions using Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE, Power Platform product.
- Professional certification and experience in Dynamics 365 CE, Power Platform & Azure certifications.
- Experience with integration services such as MS Power Automate and Azure Integration Services.
- Proven experience as a technical architect, or solution architect with Dynamics 365.
- Experience working with the Dynamics 365/CRM SDK to build plugins, custom workflows, and applications.
- Experience working in both Waterfall and Agile environments.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, communication skills.
- Experience with leading or participating in the gathering and documenting of business processes and requirements for the system with key business users.
- This position is required to work from home.
- Some travel across Canada may be required to meet with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.