DEAN OF HEALTH
Full-Time Regular Position
The Pas or Thompson, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Indigenous learners and mature students.
The Position: UCN is seeking an outstanding academic leader to serve as Dean of the Faculty of Health. As a nurse, the incumbent will have a strong background in health care and will possess at least seven years of experience in executive management, experience in a broad spectrum of health care operations, operating in a distributed and community-based environment, plus familiarity with post-secondary settings. The incumbent will have experience, knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and northern Manitoba culture. The successful candidate will provide leadership and management for programs, faculty and staff within the Faculty of Health in a range of health-care related programs. The position offers opportunities to build, in concert with our communities and with other health and education organizations, interdisciplinary collaborative research programs.
- A Master Degree in a related field, a doctorate is preferred
- Appropriate combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Seven Years’ senior management experience in a health-related environment
- Experience building strategic direction and partnerships with governments, Aboriginal community leaders and other key groups and individuals.
- Experience managing budgets, contracts and continuing education initiatives in a multi-site environment is required.
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to use information technology effectively
- Demonstrated ability to understand cultural influences and issues specific to adult learners in northern communities
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of Indigenous cultures
- Previous instructional experience would be an asset
- Ability to use distance education technology
- The ability to speak an Indigenous language
Conditions of Employment:
- Some travel will be required
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 20-015
Closing Date: April 15, 2020; however, will remain open until filled
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: [email protected] (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
Human Resources will work with applicants who require accommodation during the application or the interview process.
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.