Title: Digital & Data Transformation Project Lead
Employee Working Location: Remote/Virtual (Canada)
Employment status: Temporary full time (24 months)
Salary band: $97,833 – $142,673/year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a Digital & Data Transformation Project Lead to join our team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will be responsible for the development and implementation of the organization’s digital transformation and supporting the executive sponsors.
In this role, you will:
1. Relationship Leadership & Management – ensure that key stakeholders are informed of the project plan and progress
- Establishe rapport and credibility and builds strong relationships with all levels of workstreams especially data governance workstreams
- Provide key outreach to stakeholders to manage and mitigate risks when needed
- Develop influencing strategies based on a full understanding of key decision makers.
2. Execution Leadership – Oversees progress of all Digital & Data Transformation workstreams, including managing and mitigating all interdependencies.
- Collaborate with the service line, enabling service and Geographies leadership to ensure that Society’s commitment to Digital &data vision and impact
- Compete resourcefully, and take calculated risks to achieve results, major milestones of all workstreams and ultimately the desired outcomes
- Monitor the progress of workstreams and support the preparation of regular dashboards and formal reporting to key internal audiences including the CEO and Board or Board committees
3. Lead Steward of Data Governance(DAMA-DMBoK)
- Enabling and empowering the data governance core and extended teams
- Achieving data governance metrics and targets
- Obtaining and providing the necessary data governance knowledge to organization
- Conceive, define, test, deliver, monitor, refine and withdraw governance policies based on business needs.
- Promoting acceptance of the data governance best practices, standards and guidance
- Assist data stewards in interpreting policy requirements into day-to-day range of stewardship activities.
- Assist in consolidated reporting into the data governance council, individually but also as a team (e.g., a data stewards group) when the need for stewards spans data domains and business functions
4. Change advocate and leader
- Act as a champion and change agent in leading the organizational changes required to create and sustain enterprise digital &data capabilities.
- Lead stewardship and implementation of Society’s Change Management model.
- Champion new ways of working and engage with key stakeholders to demonstrate the value of the transformation
Create value by championing data and digital platforms to enable cultural awareness, sharing of data and best practices and alignment across
5. People Leadership – Build and maintain a strong team ensuring both the staff and volunteer structures maximize efficiency and effectiveness while ensuring people have the necessary tools, training and support to carry out their roles .
- Drive and support the engagement of our people and talent development by creating an environment that recognizes individuals and teams for contributing to the achievement of the organization’s priorities.
- Lead communication and engagement with staff and volunteers, ensuring organizational and other internal communications are delivered timely.
- Act as the face and voice of Red Cross internally for Digital & Data Transformation Execution in support of the matrix structure.
- Responsible for supporting the financial oversight of Digital & Data Transformation program , including development and monitoring of operational budgets, targets and plans, review of financial reporting, collaborating with leadership on shared budgets and where necessary develop and implement strategies to address gaps.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 12 years progressive leadership experience in managing or supporting Digital & Data Transformation
- Deep understanding of the evolving digital & data world on both the demand side (how people/companies are using) and the supply side (emerging digital & data technologies)
- Proven data literacy — The ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options.
- Broad experience desired, but not essential, in multiple competency areas of data and analytics delivery. Examples are data warehousing, business intelligence (BI), data architecture, data integration, data classification, data strategy, data quality management, data security and privacy, MDM, data standards, regulatory compliance and enterprise architecture frameworks.
- Strong budget/financial management experience
- Proven experience in identifying and mitigating risk
- Demonstrated competency and experience as strong and effective people manager leading a large, multi-location team, managing staff in a complex matrix environment and developing talent to ensure solid succession plans are in place and ongoing efficiency of the team.
- Strong facilitator of change management taking large organizational transformation initiatives
- Strong influence and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively drive people, process and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and communicate complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated strength in strategic perspective and ability to actively shape the organization’s future
- Ability to understand and facilitate organizational navigation by addressing underlying organizational drivers
- Strong ability to impact through engagement, empathy and influence, strength in building trust and inspiring the organization
- Demonstrated ability to foster team work and cooperation, drive alignment and interdependence
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy and the ability to work with a variety of styles and to appreciate diversity;
- Strong facilitation and communication skills to influence and build consensus across the organization.
- The ability to communicate fluently in English is required and French is an asset.
- Work-related travel and occasional weekend meetings are a requirement of the job.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.