- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Executive Director, Aboriginal Knowledge and Culture Division
Full-Time Regular Position Thompson or The Pas, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: The Executive Director, Aboriginal Knowledge and Culture Division, is an excluded management position and will report directly to the President and Vice-Chancellor. This position is responsible for the integrity, quality, leadership and relevance of programs and services within the Division. The Executive Director will provide culturally relevant information and support services for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal students, and will work collaboratively with staff and faculty to facilitate the application of indigenous knowledge, to monitor its application and to provide information to the President on its implementation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Relevant combinations of experiential learning and education will be considered
- Excellent administrative, leadership, interpersonal and networking skills
- Excellent critical and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and to collaboratively resolve issues specific to Aboriginal learners and mature students in northern communities
- Personal experience and knowledge of Aboriginal culture
- Managing for effective outcomes and a high degree of self-management
- Effective use of information technology
- Experience working with Aboriginal Adult learners
- Working knowledge of culture camp activities and outcomes
- Familiarity with Cultural Proficiency
- Knowledge of supports required to ensure student success in post-secondary environment
- The ability to speak and write an Aboriginal language
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 15-020
Closing Date: April 27, 2015
Salary Range: $54.53 to $65.22 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: [email protected] (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: