Fertilizer Floater Operator – Seasonal
Job ID: 284364
Date posted: 01/08/2024
Location: Dauphin, Canada
Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain (CASC) connects producers and users of grains and oilseeds around the globe through sourcing, storing, trading, processing, and distributing, as well as offering a range of financial, risk management, and customized farmer services. Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. We depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you to operate our business successfully!
Location: Dauphin, MB
Job Type: Seasonal
Shift(s) Available: Day
- Operating a Floater, applying dry granular fertilizer on hay and crop land field
- Performing daily cleaning, maintenance and inspection of the floater
- Calibrating and setting monitors for application rates
- Operating GSP and field mapping system
- Maintaining application records
- Providing excellent customer service and engaging with team members
- Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Must be 18 years or older
- Possess a valid Canadian driver’s licence in good standing, authorizing you to drive independently during your employment
- Good understanding of equipment maintenance
Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without a reasonableaccommodation
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Basic use of a computer
- Experience with farm equipment/application equipment is an asset.
- Class 3 driver’s licence
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (204) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.