Company: Parrish & Heimbecker Ltd.
Business Address: #1 – 501 High Street West Moose Jaw, SK S6H 6K9
Location of work: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Parrish & Heimbecker is a growing & expanding grain company who offers a comprehensive benefits package in a work environment which encourages a long-term career commitment and advancement. P&H is currently accepting applications for a full time position.
- Calculate grain quota
- Conduct tests to determine grade and quality of grain
- Arrange for transport or storage of grain
- Record deliveries of grain
- Purchase grain
- Weigh and record type of grain received or in storage
- Supervise workers who operate equipment to clean and move grain in elevators
- Supervise workers who load trucks and rail cars
- Know and use computer hardware and software
- Maintain proper operation of elevator equipment
- Operate equipment such as forklift, payloader, shuttlewagon, locomotive to transport and storage of grain
Knowledge of grains & grades are required
Must have working knowledge of computers
Demonstrated initiative, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
Demonstrated commitment to customer service
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work under tight deadline
Must be a team player
Must be punctual
Have no health concerns that would limit their ability to work in a dusty environment
Must be available to work overtime when necessary
Able to work at heights
Salary and Benefits: $26.00 to $28.00 per hour. 40 Hours per week. Comprehensive benefits package (Disability, Dental and Extended Medical Insurance; RRSP)
– Education: Completion of high school
– Certificate of Grain Operations Management (CGOM) or equivalent is an asset
– Experience: At least 2 years of experience working in a grain elevator required or suitable combination of experience and relevant education.
– Driver’s license required so employee can take equipment operation training and be qualified to operate the equipment such as forklift, payloader, shuttlewagon , locomotive.
Other Information: Shifts are 8AM – 5PM Monday to Friday with overtime as required
How to apply: Please submit resumes Attn: Theresa Bolton / Parrish and Heimbecker; 201 Portage Avenue, Suite 1400, Winnipeg, MB R3B 3K6 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax 204-943-8233.
Please indicate position and location in the subject line of the email and/or on the resume