Title: Intermediate Software Developer
Location: Remote, anywhere in Canada
Type of Contract: Permanent Full Time
Compensation: $67,902 – $84,878 annually
The Canadian Red Cross, part of the world’s largest humanitarian network, is hiring a Senior Software Developer.
Do you have a passion for helping others and want to work with other dedicated individuals? Find out if this role is for you now.
We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience. We are committed to having an accessible, diverse, and inclusive work environment where people with all abilities, ethnicities, gender identities and expressions, nationalities, religions, and sexual orientations can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, women, veterans, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
As an Intermediate Software Developer, you will work as part of an agile continuous delivery team and collaborate with designers and engineers to help deliver product capabilities and features to our ground-breaking cloud-based product, Emergency Management Information System (EMIS). You will be working to develop brand new cloud-first solutions including the automation of infrastructure; you get to work with cutting edge technologies and frameworks.
- Acts as a key ally of the team to promote CRC TECH contributions.
- Helps build an efficient team, geared towards an ability to deliver SaaS/Cloud platforms.
- Helps define and implement modern software.
- Identifies potential project risks and provides mitigation solutions.
- Selects proper technical approaches based on the time and budgetary constraints.
- Is a guardian of software quality at large.
- Participate in DevOps operations: IT infrastructure, Testing, Automation tools, deployment process, Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Support responsibilities including communication within the team and with customers (overtime may be required)
- Providing training to new hires and continually migrating them towards a DevOps model
- Presenting ideas for development and improvement of the product.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in backend development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong knowledge of agile methodology like Scrum and Kanban.
- Deep understanding of Object-Oriented Design, Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Development.
- Deep understanding of SOLID design principles.
- Experience in high-quality software development and rigorous peer review
- Uses Pull Requests (PRs) as teaching opportunities.
- Strong understanding of leveraging SaaS, public Clouds.
- Good abilities to plan and track a development project, using tools like JIRA or others.
- Great abilities to evolve stories from requirements.
- Real world experiences at SaaS platform operational concerns (monitoring, alerting, security, scalability, performance, uptime).
- Real world experience on Azure Cloud and .Net Core runtime.
- Full stack abilities, including database modeling (SQL, NoSQL), backend, frontend, APIs.
- APIs technologies (REST, GraphQL) and associated best practices.
- Being obsessive at building a fully automated Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline, including version control and branching models.
- Aware and interested in technology trends and tooling, including new Cloud native services and serverless.
- Familiar with Git, and have experience with modern source control flows (Gitflow, etc.)
- This is a full-time, permanent position
- Interacts with employees, internal customers, and management.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- During emergency response operations, overtime may be required.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
The Canadian Red Cross is an organization guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.