IT Progect Manager
Reporting to the Manager, Information Technology, the It Project Manager is the primary point-person responsible for planning, executing, and delivering Information Technology related projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with specifications. To achieve these important goals, the Project Manager will define project requirements and scope, acquire project resources, and supervise the efforts of project team members and external consultants Efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, clear communication of expectations to stakeholders, and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed throughout each project’s lifecycle.
The Project Manager will also create and maintain all associated documentation in adherence to legislation and organizational policies and procedures.
- Establish a project plan for each approved project, defining the project’s goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables, using appropriate software tools and/or project management methods
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses, risk analyses, and return on investment calculations to determine project feasibility:
- Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success
- Build and maintain working relationships with other business lines to gain consensus for project delivery:
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and reporting to stakeholders via a formal communications plans
- Conduct meetings and forums to solicit feedback, input, and expectations; incorporate these into project plans
- Produce regular reports on the progress of projects, deliver reports during regular meetings
- Track all project costs to ensure completion within budget: procure extra budget where necessary, closely monitor the efforts and billing of third parties
- Create contingency plans to mitigate risks
- Delegating project tasks to teams best suited to complete them
- Ensuring that all budgetary objectives are met, adjusting as needed;
- Adhere to established methodologies for project management;
- Conduct post-project reviews to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
The Project Manager performs other related duties as requested.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Information Technology, Engineering, or a relevant discipline;
- Certified Project Management certificate preferred;
- Five (5) years of progressive experience in business improvement, strategy analytics or a related field with proven experience with supporting a senior executive;
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods,
- Ability to estimate project resource requirements
- Ability to communicate, track and document project issues and risk mitigation through resolution
- Ability to prepare presentations and conduct status meetings for business lines, Senior Leaders and Board of Directors:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including outstanding oral and written communication capabilities:
- Ability to handle high degree of confidential and sensitive information with tact and discretion;
- Adaptable and flexible to various competing demands with proficiency at managing high work volumes in a fast-paced:
- Exceptional organizational skills with a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly in a rapidly changing environment with excellent attention to detail;
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Office;
- Experience in change management and implementation within a project environment;
- Experience with SharePoint and databases an asset:
- Must have an understanding, awareness and appreciation of Indigenous culture and history:
- Must be fluent in English (spoken and written); Fluency in French an asset.
Equivalent or relevant education and/or experience may be considered.
What We Offer
- Salary and annual bonus eligibility:
- Flexible 37.5-hour work week
- Employer paid extended benefits:
- Matching group RRSP contributions:
- Annual vacation allowance and generous paid stat & non-stat days:
- Work-life balance;
- Remote or hybrid work arrangements
- Professional development & career growth opportunities.
- This position can be based in West Vancouver, BC, Winnipeg, MB, Ottawa, ON or Montreal QC. Remote working may be considered .
- May require occasional national travel.
Application deadline: Until filled
Apply on our FMB career pages here.
FMB is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes and celebrates the diversity of all First Nations
nada. We are an inclusive organization that treats all employees equally. As a First Nations Organization, applicants of Indigenous descent are highly encouraged to apply.