Payroll Administrator – Winnipeg
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched – Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
Are you someone who enjoys working with numbers and juggling multiple priorities while providing excellent customer service? Do you enjoy streamlining processes and striving for continuous improvement? Are you looking for a challenging, meaningful career? If you said yes we have the right opportunity for you.
- Join APTN, one of Canada’s top employers;
- Administers payroll systems including time and attendance and assists the People and Culture Department with ongoing maintenance of data to ensure pay accuracy as well as up-to-date employee information;
- Prepares, processes, and verifies biweekly payroll for APTN, ensuring payroll has been processed accurately (includes review of timecards and any changes made prior to uploading);
- Participates in the selection and implementation of any new and/or replacement payroll systems;
- Reviews procedures, processes, and systems; makes recommendations for improvements;
- Prepares, processes, and verifies quarterly payroll for the APTN board, ensuring payroll has been processed accurately;
- Updates payroll records by entering exemptions, insurance coverage, deductions, and other miscellaneous changes to employees’ compensation;
- Prepares, analyzes, and verifies payroll reports containing summaries of earnings, hours, taxes, deductions, benefits, pension, union dues, vacation, and disability;
- Supports employees on payroll-related matters as questions arise;
- Prepares reports for management as required;
- Calculates, reconciles, and prepares remittances and reports pertaining but not limited to various federal, provincial, and territorial government agencies; registered pension plan; union dues; garnishments; and employee benefits;
- On a bi-weekly basis prepares journal entries for approval;
- Responsible for all year-end processing and functions (i.e. T4s, T2200s, etc.);
- Keeps current with industry trends and software changes;
- Provides payroll support to APTN subsidiaries and maintains detailed records;
Your accomplishments and experience include:
- A diploma or certificate in a relevant discipline and 3-5 years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education, experience, and traditional knowledge;
- Multi-jurisdictional experience is required;
- Experience with payroll and accounting software is required;
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles and practices is required;
- Experience working with an Indigenous organization as well as knowledge of Indigenous cultural perspectives is an asset;
- Proficiency with MS office software is required.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before July 28, 2021
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current Covid-19 environment- all interviews will be held via teleconference.