Title: PGIE Administrative Coordinator Intern
Employee Working Location: Remote/Virtual (Canada)
Employment status: Temporary full time (2 months)
Salary band: $20 / hour
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a PGIE Administrative Coordinator Intern to join our team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will support the PGIE (Protection, Gender Equality, Social Inclusion and Community Engagement and Accountability) team with various administrative tasks as requested.
In this role, you will:
- Works with the PGIE, EMCI (Emergency Management Canada and International) and other key stakeholders to create PGIE briefs on current and potential countries where Canadian Red Cross has operations.
- Writes reports, prepare presentation materials, create infographics, and other knowledge translation products to distill PGIE briefs and high-level data and research findings into accessible formats for various audiences.
- Research best practices in PGIE topics, tools, and resources.
- Updating and reorganizing the PGIE Resource Library on SharePoint.
- Administrative support for the Global Network of Women Leaders in the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement (GLOW Red) and the institutionalization of Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) throughout Canadian Red Cross domestic operations.
- Supports other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the most marginalized in the community.
What we are looking for:
- Completion or currently enrolled in post-secondary courses related to: gender equality and/or gender studies, Diversity and Social Justice, Indigenous Studies, Black Canadian Studies, International Relations, Development Studies, etc.
- Fluency in English is required, French and/or Spanish an asset.
- A passion for issues related to protection, gender equality, social inclusion and community engagement and accountability.
- Strong aptitude for detailed work and accuracy.
- Excellent writing and research skills, with an ability to synthesize complex information.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Flexibility, professionalism, independence.
- Quick learner and who enjoys working on various projects.
- Work is performed remotely at home as part of a virtual team.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.