Classification: Administrative Assistant 2
Full-Time Regular Position
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Indigenous learners and mature students.
The Position: The University College of the North is looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an upbeat attitude. The successful candidate will be able to assist all visitors to UCN with a professional, polite and attentive attitude via phone, mail and email in a highly interruptive environment. Reporting to the Associate Registrar the candidate shall provide quality UCN reception and administrative support to the Enrolment Services department: greet and direct in-person and telephone inquiries in a respectful and courteous manner promptly by providing accurate information or directing inquiries to appropriate individuals or departments, file student records electronically, schedule appointments for Enrolment Services staff, receive and distribute Student Services mail, produce photo identification cards, perform general clerical and administrative duties as assigned, maintain an organized and professional work area. The position requires the candidate be familiar with all aspects of UCN’s operations in order to be prepared and responsive to inquiries and they must be willing to meet each challenge directly.
- Two years’ related office support and administrative experience preferably in a post-secondary institution
- Effective customer service experience
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience and skill with MS Office applications
- Experience with a Student Information system (Jenzabar preferred)
- Experience with a scheduling software (CelCAT preferred)
- Effective problem solving and analytical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and reliability
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a highly interruptive environment
- Demonstrated competence with attention to detail
- Dependability is critical
- Typing Skills with a minimum 50 words per minute
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Indigenous culture
- The ability to speak an Indigenous language
- Computerized Business Applications Certificate or related education and training
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must demonstrate on their resume how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
||June 5, 2019
||$19.80 to $22.32 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
||University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
||P.O. Box 3000
||The Pas MB R9A 1M7
||Fax: (204) 623-4414
||Email: [email protected] (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
Human Resources will work with applicants who require accommodation during the application or the
interview process. For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.