Special Projects Coordinator
JOB TYPE: 1-Year Contract (ends December 31, 2023)
LOCATION: Within Canada (Remote)
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Entrepreneurship & Procurement
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) is a national Indigenous, non-partisan association. Our mission is to promote, strengthen and enhance a prosperous Indigenous economy through the fostering of business relationships, opportunities, and awareness.
The primary role of the Special Projects Coordinator will be to support the Vice President, Entrepreneurship & Procurement. The individual in this role will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day administrative aspects of several programs. CCAB is looking for a Coordinator to help support engagement and retention, through performing job duties as outlined below.
- Acting as a liaison between Indigenous businesses and CCAB to provide Indigenous businesses information on grant opportunities available to them
- Researching grants that are available for entrepreneurs
- Scheduling and administering information sessions (i.e.: webinars) open to Indigenous businesses regarding grant opportunities
- Tracking Indigenous business participation and successes in grant programs
- Grant program planning and coordination
- Customer service and stakeholder management
- Maintain programs database, content, and customer management systems
- Member Engagement – Connecting with CCAB Members directly to increase connectors
- Promote the Connector Program & Webinars
- Collaborate with marketing team and all relevant departments
- Develop Connector Program marketing materials, presentations, and reports
- Oversee the Community Forum module and populated content
- Administrative duties as required
SKILLS, EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years administration experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional customer service and stakeholder management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Effective people skills and a collaborative working style
- Good judgement, discretion, tact, and the ability to work in a professional manner under tight deadlines and in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
This is a full-time position with core business hours from 9am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
HOW TO APPLY
Those qualified are asked to submit a cover letter with a resume, outlining experience and suitability for the position to email@example.com. We encourage applications from qualified First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people.
Information regarding CCAB is available at www.ccab.com
We thank all applicants in advance however only those invited to be interviewed will be
contacted. Please no telephone calls.