Classification: Storekeeper 1
Full-Time Regular Position
The Pas, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Indigenous learners and mature students.
The Position: UCN is seeking a dependable, hardworking individual to work as Storekeeper. Under the general supervision of the Purchasing Agent, the Storekeeper is responsible for UCN’s shipping and receiving area, as well as the computerized asset inventory system. Duties include but are not limited to: shipping/receiving of mail and goods, checking packing slips/invoices and purchase orders; use of Neopost mailing system for metering outgoing mail and parcels; daily mail run, including bank deposits; sorting in/outgoing mail; pickup and delivery of parcels.
- Grade 12 Diploma, with strong math skills
- Previous experience working in a similar environment (i.e. warehouse, storage depot, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Ability to work in an interruptive environment
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Effective interpersonal and effective communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team and with a wide variety of people
- Ability to take initiative
Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of Indigenous cultures
- Knowledge of Panda asset inventory system, and/or other computerized inventory system.
- Experience working with Neopost mail system
- Forklift Operator Certificate (or ability to obtain)
- The ability to speak an Indigenous language
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be physically able to perform duties (i.e. heavy lifting, packing/unpacking of boxes, supplies, books, etc.)
- Must have a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s License (or equivalent)
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, and references with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
||$20.13 to $23.48 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
||University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
||P.O. Box 3000
||The Pas MB R9A 1M7
||Fax: (204) 623-4414
||Email: [email protected] (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
Human Resources will work with applicants who require accommodation during the application or the interview process. For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.