MFNERC’s Art Contest for Manitoba First Nations Kids
Summer Art Contest to get MFNERC / MFNSS Students Creating—and Winning Prizes
Encourage children and youth to draw and take photos this summer and then submit their works in the first-ever MFNERC art contest. Kindergarten to Grade 12 students in schools affiliated with MFNERC or MFNSS can enter and win gift cards for art supplies and other goodies. Students to provide copies of original art—drawings or photos—by August 31. We’ll announce the winners in September and post the winning artwork on the MFNERC website!
Are you looking for summer activities to get your child learning? Encourage children and youth in a fun and creative way through entry into this contest. Help students grow as a photographer or artist.
Share this art contest for Manitoba First Nations students on social media. #MFNERCartcontest #MFNERCartists
How to Enter the MFNERC Art Contest
1. Have kids get creative with photography or drawing. Students can use any camera and create art in any medium, including watercolours, oils, pencils, charcoal, and crayon.
2. Prepare photos/art for submission: ensure photos saved in JPEG or PNG format. Take a photo of the artwork, and save it in JPEG or PNG format. (1–3 photos/drawings per student entry)
3. Fill out this entry form, which (a) gives approval for your child to enter the summer contest, (b) confirms art/photos are unpublished and original works, and (c) permits sharing of winning photos/art on the MFNERC website and in MFNERC publications.
How to Enter
Email [email protected] your photo/art and contest entry form by August 31, 2020.
Student Contest Categories and Prizes
· Three categories include Grades K–6, 7–8, 9–12.
· Entrants must attend a school affiliated with MFNERC or MFNSS.
· Judges to include graphic designers and artists/photographers here at MFNERC.
· Top three winners in each category win gift cards for Winnipeg Trading Post: $50, $25, or $10.
Send your completed entry form to [email protected]