Oshki Annishinabe Nigaaniwak Indigenous Student Scholarship: Apply by August 12, 2022
The City of Winnipeg’s Indigenous Youth Strategy, Oshki Annishinabe Nigaaniwak, offers scholarships to Indigenous students to help them with their post-secondary studies.
Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded to Indigenous students who are enrolled in full-time, postsecondary education at a recognized post-secondary institution in Winnipeg. The $1,000 scholarship is provided to students to assist with tuition expenses and is provided directly to the institution on the student’s behalf.
The scholarship will be awarded based on the following:
- must be of Indigenous descent (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit)
- an Indigenous youth up to 30 years of age
- must provide proof of registration at a recognized university or community college in a full-time program (defined by the educational institution) starting fall of the current year
- show a combination of academic achievement and community leadership
- awards are provided directly to the institute to assist with tuition expenses
The application deadline is August 12, 2022.
- Click here to download the application form.
- Submit completed application forms via mail, email or in person to:
- Indigenous Relations Division – City of Winnipeg
C/O Jacquie Lylyk, Community Development Worker
3rd Floor – 510 Main Street (Susan A. Thompson Building)
Winnipeg, MB R3B 1B9
Email: [email protected]
For more information on Oshki Annishinabe Nigaaniwak, please visit the City of Winnipeg’s website.