June 11, 2019, Winnipeg, Man. – Indigenous radio stations will broadcast concerts from the 13th annual APTN Indigenous Day Live on June 22, 2019. Communities across Canada and the U.S. can join in the largest celebration of Canada’s National Indigenous Peoples Day in a variety of ways.
This year, people will be gathering in Winnipeg, Calgary and Whitehorse as well as around their TVs and radios.
The following radio partners are extending the IDL experience to radio listeners across Canada and, for the very first time, the U.S., creating a true National Indigenous Peoples Day celebration:
• ELMNT FM – complete concert on 106.5 ELMNT FM The Spirit of Toronto and 95.7 ELMNT FM The Spirit of Ottawa
• NCI-FM – broadcasting the Winnipeg concert province-wide (various call numbers)
• HAWK Radio – to the Maskwacis and Samson Cree Nation in Alberta
• Windspeaker Radio CFWE – to Alberta’s First Nation communities
• MBC – connects to more than 70 communities across Saskatchewan
• CIPI Radio – to Beauval, Saskatchewan
• CKRZ-FM – to the Six Nations of the Grand River and Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation
• CHGL-FM – to the Northern Village of Green Lake
• CHON-FM – to all Yukon communities, northern British Columbia and the Mackenzie Delta
• CKLB-FM – to the Northwest Territories
IDL 2019 will also debut in the U.S. and be broadcast live to our Native American brothers and sisters across the border:
• WOJB – to northwestern Wisconsin
• KBPT-LP – to the Bishop Paiute Tribe in California
• Native Voice One (NV1) – distributed to over 180 affiliates serving Canada and the United States
The four and a half hour national broadcast will feature award-winning and emerging Indigenous and non-Indigenous artists from all over Turtle Island, including Buffy Sainte-Marie with Randy Bachman, Blue Rodeo with Armond Duck Chief, Terri Clark, Crystal Shawanda and more. Visit indigenousdaylive.ca for more information.
APTN is proud to present this edition of APTN Indigenous Day Live and would like to acknowledge its partners, funders and grant providers: the Government of Canada, the Province of Alberta, the Government of Yukon, TD Bank Group, the City of Calgary, Lotteries Yukon, NCI-FM, The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada, Victoria Gold Corp. and The Winnipeg Foundation.
– 30 –
About APTN Indigenous Day Live (IDL)
IDL has been held annually since 2007 and is the largest celebration of National Indigenous Peoples Day and the summer solstice in Canada. APTN presents a free daytime program of activities and an evening concert on the Saturday closest to June 21st in Winnipeg, Man. Over the years, IDL has grown in size and been hosted in multiple cities across Canada. The live multi-platform concert broadcast is available to all Canadians and beyond via APTN, radio and online. Use #IDL2019 to join the conversation anytime.
Visit indigenousdaylive.ca/media to download the media kit and photos.
Visit indigenousdaylive.ca for more information about today’s announcement, or contact:
Media Profile – Account Director
Media Profile – Senior Consultant
APTN – Manager of Communications